The World Health Organization has reported another death from cholera in the Midlands province of Zimbabwe, bringing the number of deaths from the communicable disease in recent months to six.
A WHO report said there were 149 confirmed cases of cholera and five deaths from the disease between the beginning of September and January 3.
It said the latest death occurred in Sanyati, Midlands province.
Cholera claimed more than 4,200 lives in Zimbabwe from late 2008 through mid-2009 as an epidemic raced out of control due to a widespread lack of clean water and the virtual collapse of the state health care system.
The WHO said 10 of 62 districts in the country have been affected by the cholera outbreak recently compared with 51 districts last year.
Midlands Chairman Peter Muchengeti of the National Association of Non-Governmental Organizations said access to clean water is still problematic as most city councils are having problems funding municipal services.