A New Hampshire man who was injured in a house explosion is thanking Siri for saving his life.
Christopher Beaucher says he was checking on his mother's vacant cottage in Wilmot on May 1 when he saw something suspicious and went inside.
He tells WMUR-TV when he switched on a light, the house exploded.
"The whole place caught fire," Beaucher said. "Part of it collapsed while I was in it during the initial explosion, so I couldn't really tell where I was."
Beaucher's face and hands were badly burned. He grabbed his cellphone but was unable to dial because of his injuries. He says he somehow asked his iPhone's voice-controlled virtual assistant Siri to call 911, believing he was going into shock.
Beaucher is undergoing treatment for his injuries but says he hopes to return to his job as a cook and tend to his farm.
"I'm very, very, extremely lucky to be alive," he said.
The New Hampshire state fire marshal's office is investigating the explosion.