Stung by a leak of details of a regional summit in Mozambique last week Zanu PF has fired a salvo at Ncube, accusing him of breaching his ministerial oath by releasing details of the deliberations.
Zanu PF politburo member, Jonathan Moyo told reporters Tuesday that while proceedings of the SADC Organ on Politics, Defense and Security are political and not confidential; the summit Heads of State Forum is secretive in nature.
“It is a violation of Ncube’s cabinet oath to put under his name a purported verbatim record not corroborated by any other source, and attribute to certain heads of state certain words. It is unprecedented,” alleged Moyo.
Ncube, who is also Industry minister, told reporters after last week’s summit that Mugabe was dressed down by other SADC leaders when he tried to retain deputy Prime Minister, Arthur Mutambara, as a principal in the ongoing Zimbabwe crisis.
But in an interview with Studio 7 Ncube contends that his release of the summit details was legal and to the best interest of the Zimbabwean population.
“I don’t have time to waste answering people who don’t have anything to do but bring down what we have done,” he said.
Legal expert, Matshobana Ncube of the Abammeli Human Rights Association, also believes Welshman Ncube did not breach any laws by releasing the detail of the summit.